Monday, August 11, 2014

Two Wood Uke: 'Lucky Number' [VIDEO]

533406_4273305635757_1901108619_n

I've been hearing all my life how similar I am to my brother Jake, who is nine years older than me. I could point to several key differences (he's an extrovert, I'm an introvert) but from an observational standpoint I've been told that we look the same, walk the same, talk the same, act the same and dress the same.

Again, I don't know about any of that but one thing we do have in common is ukulele-playing (although technically, I started uke-ing first).

Jake was the lead singer of Dishwoody and the Burritos in his younger years and has always had a better hand at songwriting than I have. That's because I can't write songs at all, and have thus accepted my lot in life as a cover artist.

Anyway, the other night Jake stopped by for a late night jam so we could record a song he had written for his wife as an anniversary gift. It was already late-ish when we got started so in a little over an hour we rehearsed, recorded and edited the song and an accompanying YouTube video.
It turned out pretty good for a smash and grab job and it was kind of nice to be on backup vocals for a change (you're all very welcome).

Here's the video below and since no one downloads these songs but my mom anyway, you can pick up a free copy on my Bandcamp page (where there's also mine and Jake's Beyonce cover).
Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment