Thursday, January 16, 2014

One Wood Uke: Down In The Valley [VIDEO + DOWNLOAD]

400619_10201141038352960_1634794060_n

So this isn't my best video, a fact that I attribute to two compounding challenges. First, iMovie decided to go ahead and upgrade itself, which is good because the new multi-layer video editing is a vast improvement but also means that I have to re-familiarize myself with the program and all of its new bells and whistles. Second, I had to get it done and posted today before my world gets completely dominated by the Sundance Film Festival, otherwise it would just never happen.

As a note, I apologize for all the closed-eyed ooh-ooh-ooohing. The song demands it and it's hard to ooh-ooh-ooh with your eyes open. In fact, I just apologize for all the facial expressions I make in this. I really need to stop filming from a profile angle.

I'm a big fan of The Head and The Heart. I've seen them perform twice – once at The Depot in SLC and once at Sundance last year – and they're just killer. If you're not familiar with them, stop what you're doing right now and go listen to them. Scratch that, watch my video and like it on Facebook, THEN go listen to The Head and The Heart.

Obviously my own musicality can't even compare to THATH, but I hope you enjoy this song. I actually started working on a version of Down In The Valley about a year ago but could never quite get it right. Then the other day I was just goofing around with hammer-downs and a lightbulb went off for the strum pattern. That, and my new microphone that allows me to add fingerpicking and harmony tracks, sealed the deal.

I hope you like it. As always it's available for free on my bandcamp page. And if you haven't yet, check out the One Wood Uke collection that I created for Wood's Stock. It's all there to satisfy your ukulele-related needs. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment