Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My New Uke [Video]


https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/p206x206/315731_10200184914850470_1888357934_n.jpg
I've been thinking for a while now about buying a new Ukulele. I love my Lanikai, my Lanikai makes me happy, but its small size, low volume, and high pitch has limitations, especially when you put a microphone in front of it.

Jake Shimabakuro, my Uke-idol, uses a Tenor, and for months now I've become more and more excited about the idea of having a Ukulele I could plug into an amplifier. About two weeks ago I played an open-mic night and between the speaker feedback I got from using two microphones (mouth and uke) in such close proximity and the constant bonking of my hand on the microphone itself I just about made up my mind.

Then I stopped by a Uke store "Just to check things out" (right) and yadda yadda yadda, look at how awesome my new Cordoba is!

Anyway, I made a video (as I am wont to do) showing off both my new Uke and my love of Blind Pilot. The song gets a little out of my range toward the end but who cares, I sing like no one is listening (which judging by my page view counts...they're not).



Also to be clear, I am NOT selling my Lanikai but merely suggesting a similar Uke as an option for people looking to break into the Uke game (why wouldn't you?). When I watched the playback I realized that I mumble incoherently and might be giving people the wrong Idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment