Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Shoot: New York

Remember how I said not to get married to the last Wood's Stock title image? You can put a ring the new one because it's mine. After living here for a month I finally got around to getting my photo on, mostly due to Dave and Meredith visiting and turning me into Tour Guide Barbie for a weekend.




We did the usual sight-seeing tour: Grand Central, Time Square, Ground Zero, Staten Island Ferry, etc. Like usual I got lost in Central Park (it is SO hard to keep your sense of direction in there) and as always I forgot how exhausting walking around the city all day can be so after I finish this post I'm going to go crash.




Question: which of the next do pictures do you prefer? Admittedly it would have been better if I could have figured out a way to levitate, David Blaine style, about 20 feet into the air, but even being my gravity-challenged self I dig the shot but can't make up my mind.


Randomly, we came across a Korean parade. It boggles my mind how much stuff is constantly happening in New York. I don't know about even a fraction of it but sometimes I'm just lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.




5 comments:

  1. I had a hard time deciding on your pics, I think the black and white gets a tiny fraction more of a vote, but very close call. Also We watched both episodes of the new girl, because you have to give Zoey a chance. But I don't think we could give it another episode. plus I like the first black guy, although his character was full on blah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah you are too talented, it's disgusting. All the photos are AWESOME, but I vote for the black and white of the non-levitated pic. And I think I want that one on our wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'm the dissenting vote...I like the color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I think black and white is being overused way too much. I'm with Mandie. The color photo is my preference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm normally a sucker for b&w but my vote goes to the color one. The colors made the photo feel more rich and tangible.

    Also I have to say that I laughed at the tour guide barbie comment. Which was then followed by the movie clip I think from Adam's Family 2ish "But I wanted to be Malibu Barbie! They had to go! (explosion)" ~ paraphrased perhaps.

    ReplyDelete