Sunday, August 28, 2011

SL,UT


My friday night started out a little slow. I came home from my last day at the DesNews feeling a little nostalgic. When I got to my apartment it was completely empty and I had no idea where my roommates had run off to. I had been working mostly nights all summer and so as I started to plan my first Friday night in a long time it struck me that I really didn't know too many people in Salt Lake.

I walked outside to look around, as I am wont to do, and the whole sky was on fire with a crazy awesome sunset so I grabbed my camera and went looking for a shot. I ended up at Washington Square, as I am wont to do, and even though the sun had mostly gone down there were still some great clouds.


It's been really hot lately and surprisingly stormy. There's been at least one wildfire every day from lightning strikes and I have trouble getting to sleep at night but besides that, it's gorgeous outside at night.

Salt Lake has been good to me. It hasn't been the wet wot American summer that I'm used to but then again, I'm not the wet hot American college student that I used to be. I feel like I'm starting to grow up, and I'm perfectly ok with that.


I will miss old SL,UT though. There's a ton of places I never got around to checking out: The Green Pig, The Tavernacle, Biking at Solitude. But, in 4 days I'm going to be in the city that never sleeps, with plenty of cool dives to check out.


So, stay classy Salt Lake. Bay Leaf was delicious and you have one of the coolest libraries in the world.


1 comment:

  1. I never have been in the new library - well it's probably not that new anymore, but still I want to go there. If you're still in NYC when we come home next year we may have to fly out and see you. Varian's sister is in Boston so we're hoping to go there - want to join us? :)

    ReplyDelete