Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Senior Year Bucket List: Time's Up, I'm Dead

On friday night, the day before commencement, my friends and I gathered under the glow of Old Main and made sweet music together. My last act as an undergrad, and a bucket list item.

9. Jam in the amphitheater

Then I graduated (more on that later) and with that my senior year, and tenure at USU, was over. By that point I had already gone through the steps and had reached acceptance, some of the hard moments though:
  • turning in the keys to The Statesman
  • removing all of my possessions from the office
  • moving out everything in my apartment and living on an air mattress for a week
  • playing my piano for the last time
There was actually a moment when I was in my room, bare walls and empty, laying down on my queen-sized air mattress and watching the farewell Michael Scott episode of the office. There were just too many parallels and I cried a little bit.

Moving on, here's how I did on my goals.

1. Sleep on the Quad or Old Main Hill

2. (removed by the hands of fate)
3. Become a true Aggie one more time
4. Clean the sink (again)
5. Sleep in my office
6. Get on the roof of one of the buildings on campus, preferably Old Main
7. Go into the O.C. Tanner Lounge (DONE!)
8. Perform at PoBev
9. Jam in the amphitheater
10. Ride the LTD to Preston
11. Eat at LD's
12. Eat at the Coppermill
13. Get into the police blotter
14. Become an ULTIMATE Aggie
15. Go through the tunnels
16. Go into one of the Sorority houses
17. Kiss a girl who smokes (I could live without completing this one)
18. Get a picture with Big Blue
19. Fall in love
20. Pull an all-nighter (haven't done one since high school)
21. Toilet paper someone's apartment
22. Go to Old Ephraim's grave (this is going to be hard to do before I graduate)
23. Hike the Wellsvilles (so close, yet so far away)
24. Eat in the Junction/Marketplace
25. Bike down the Old Main steps
26. Crowd Surf

Not bad. Some of those things I COULD have done but when push came to shove it just didn't feel write to do them all rushed like a smash and grab job. Others, like riding the LTD to Preston, I just couldn't do without Dave Willis.

So, with that, I'm an adult. Apparently.

1 comment:

  1. Oh it's kind of sad. Of course you want life to move on, but it's always a bit melancholy for me when it does. Good job on the list. Was that the Dave that I met? It's too bad you didn't finish them all - but you did quite a lot. Hmmm...what does it mean to be an ultimate aggie again? ;)

    ReplyDelete