Monday, February 7, 2011

Bucket List: Ultimate

13. Get into the police blotter
14. Become an ULTIMATE Aggie
15. Go through the tunnels

It occurred to me the other day that I have about 10 weeks of school left and about 20 items left on my bucket list. As such, I decided that I needed to start doing at least one item per weekend – many items are weather exclusive and will have to wait till spring.

So, it's 2:00 a.m. Saturday night and I'm driving home and I realize that I failed to complete an item when all of a sudden I come to the intersection of 10th north and 8th east. For those of you unfamiliar with the Logan area, that intersection is guarded by a 10 foot tall statue of a bull with the letters "Meet the Challenge" inscribed on it's podium.

I got to thinking. The reason that so many people get caught becoming an Ultimate Aggie is because they attempt it in large groups, at too early hours, during times when it would be expected. Here I was, alone and thus able to complete the task in a matter of moments, 2 in the morning when there was little activity, game night so there were plenty of other cars in the parking lot to not arise suspicion and it was February so the authorities wouldn't be patrolling the area as heavily – after all, who would be dumb enough to sit naked astride a giant metal statue of a bull in the middle of winter? Me, I am that stupid.

So I did. I undressed in the car down to nothing but my p-coat. Made my way to the base of the beast, shed my loins, clambered up there, got comfortable, and enjoyed the feeling of pure freedom of sitting naked atop a giant bull under the stars. It wasn't even cold until I got down and made my way back to my car a natural. By then I thought I had lost my toes for good and it took about a half hour before my feet thawed.

No pictures though, I'll have to go back and get documentation.

4 comments:

  1. nicely done. By the way, does mom and dad read these posts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious, I wasn't sure what it meant to be an ultimate aggie. Feb does seem like a chilly month to choose to cross it off your list but I can see the wisdom in that as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Katie, it's a risk I'm willing to take. Can't stop the blog :->

    ReplyDelete