Wednesday, November 10, 2010

One of my favorite places

We were coming off the tail end of an Indian Summer here in Logan last week. Dark clouds were on the horizon so I grabbed my camera and headed to the Logan River trail for one last stroll.


This trail has always been one of my happy places. I used to jog laps on it's one-mile track when I was training for my half-marathon, in the summer we rope swing into the river, and last Valentine's Day Katie and I went there for a little bundled-up romantic walk.


And yes, I'm a country boy and sometimes I need fresh air and the sound of running water.


Fall is my favorite season, and Logan handles it fairly well. Even with a comfortable amount of urban sprawl you still manage to preserve some raw nature and farmland. The weather this year made for some great colors since we got more than the typical two-week buffer between summer and winter.




All talk of the season aside, it was a great walk that my Cannon Rebel and I had. We were interrupted by the occasional geriatric lovers and matching-shirt-clad family portraiteers, but all in all I cleared my head, which I was going to need clear for the ensuing weekend.



Check it out, TWIN benches :->

2 comments:

  1. Ben, I love the curving path shot and the one right above it. Very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love fall! Such pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete