Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day

I was talking to a friend the other day about cemeteries. Utah State, in its current form, literally envelops the Logan City Cemetary and it is not uncommon for students and community members to stroll through on their way to and from campus. It is a gorgeous cemetery, considerably large, and very well-groomed.

My friend had recently taken a stroll through the cemetery and was commenting on how it made her uncomfortable. She said that she couldn't help but think about all the death around her.

I feel the opposite about such places. To me, a cemetery has such a peaceful feeling. All around you are monuments to the lives of individuals, never to be forgotten. Their final resting places, encompassing their mortal shell while their memory lives on forever. It's beautiful.





2 comments:

  1. Man, I wish I could feel like you do. Cemeteries give me the heebie jeebies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top two shots are brilliant! I'm sick I missed that second one!

    ReplyDelete