Sunday, November 8, 2009

R.I.P. WVW


On July 19, 2009 Dave and I created a blog. The idea was to document the politically incorrect, partisan, and ofttimes outlandish arguments that are common among us for the enjoyment and reading pleasure of others.

We spoke of celebrity, poverty, homosexuality, Alexis Bledel, reproduction, nuptials, underwear, Damien Rice, freshman, economics, chemistry, and many others timely issues.

We laughed, we cried, and more than once we hit below the belt all in the name of the free exchange of ideas: for great minds often disagree.

It has now been one month since the last post on WVW. It sits there, solitary and alone like the last child picked at recess. Questions unanswered, points uncontested, purpose...unknown. It droops its head in sadness, rubbing its hands behind its back and digging its toes into the ground.

Where did the time go? How did it come to this?

For those of you that were readers, I apologize for letting you down. We have failed you, just as we have failed ourselves. If you never stumbled upon WVW, do not go down that path, it is a lost, dreary wasteland that will only bring you sadness.

As it is, the final post is my own. Finding myself without my opponent I am forced to claim the ultimate victory. I take my crown with a heavy heart, I did not wish this. I would have fought till the end, but alas the game is forfeit and victory, by default, is mine.

Goodbye WVW, perhaps someday we will see you again. I do not dare to hope, I must be strong now.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your win. It's been settled, poor people shouldn't vote

    ReplyDelete