Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Cave of Wonders



I'm a little late on blogging about this but last weekend we all went spelunking.

MY. FACE. WAS. MELTED.

Me and Trevor were joking mid-cave that we could die happy but honestly, going through that cave was one of the coolest things I've ever done. In my head I thought it was just gonna be some nice little cave in the side of the mountain to look around in, instead it was 150 yards straight down through cracks and crags.

It wasn't so hardcore as to require ropes and rockclimbing gear, but that sucker was narrow. Probably half of the trip was spent crawling in a horizontal position, and often your stomach and back would be scraping along the muddy rock sides.


My feet dangled in this position for a few minutes until I could finally wiggle my torso enough for gravity to take effect.

I'm cave hungry now. Sadly the Logan winter is rapidly upon us but when I can that cave is gonna get another piece of the Ben Wood pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment